Monday, September 29, 2008

Getting it?

My head seems to be going a hundred miles a minute and I'm still not "getting all of it" One Thing consuming my mind tonight: Our Country. What a crazy state of frantic confusion things are in when you listen to the news. The world hangs on the brink of the end of life as we have known it for the past centuries. As the congress has failed to approve a $700billion bail out of financially unsound companies headed by people who walk away unscathed, who knew better.
Competition. Greed. Pride. Selfish. Success.
I occasionally listen to the Glenn Beck show as I do my nightly routine... Tonight he finally got some Wall Street Investors to bring this catastrophe down to earth... If you are living pay check to paycheck or out of your means.
$$$ QUIT SPENDING NOW. $$$
(simple thought)
Other thoughts I heard tonight... We've taken money for granted and bought on compulsion. We've spent our country out of money. We've lived on credit until there is none left to borrow. We can not afford to live the lifes we've made. We will see our standard of living simplified drastically in the next 18-24 months. Inflation will be more than we can afford on the wages we earn today. Having a job may mean you are the best at what you do, and value doing the job. Saving money, thrifty living, basics of life, the ways of our grandparents may become the ways of our future.
One thought of my own...
If ye are prepared ~ ye shall not fear.
(maybe I am "getting it")

1 Comments:

Blogger Camey Tucker said...

Love your thoughts on this... I can see things coming to pass!

September 30, 2008 at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home