The YW Box!
A couple weeks ago - I went to the garage for my box. It's a pretty ordinary box on the outside... And finding it in my garage could be a story by its self... (have you seen the # of boxes in my garage... still packed from the move we were making 2 years ago and never did) - I know it should be theraputic to clean the garage and maybe I'll find out sometime in October when I can stand to do more than run from the air conditioned house to the car and vice versa. Anyways... the box. It has treasured young women things in it. I'm looking for something specific... I know I used to have it many moons ago, when I started my first transition from a young women to a young women advisor. A tricky event in of itself... I remember thinking I knew so much about what the YW needed - because I had just recently been there myself. The box is a mix of items that touched my spirit - taught me great truths, a few things I could not part with - unless some terible tragic accident came upon my garage and then I would never remember what I lost. (hopefully)
Well, in this file box, among its many pages and files, I find "the list". The list of those sweet girls who are now beautiful women, I find the memories of those I shared my own youth with, and they are all added to the incredible list of those I now am getting the privilege to serve & love.
(Goal: insert all names!)
The BOX brings back memories of the sweet MiaMaid Advisor that I really was a "brat" to on occasion! I hope she forgave me! The President that had TP to clean up a few too many times, she use to call us "Young Vermon"... she made the BEST cookies in the world, She always had gum in her purse -loved all that! I remember the testimony of my Laurel Advisor... it was so sweet and true and she really emulated the Savior. I'm sure she had tough times as a young mom striving to relate, and busy laurels are not the easiest to reach, but she stuck with it, and I loved her. There where so many long that road...
THE BOX brings back memories of a calling to serve in Young Womens... as I was set apart the bishop told me this would be a long term calling, that I would need to learn & commit myself to these YW aound share in their trials and successes. I think this calling lasted 5 years. (I was in a pretty hard place by then; dealing with the effects of infertility...) It was so rewarding to see each of these YW find their place in this world, high school friendships, talents, struggles, work together, college, missions, marriages, babies; some of these stories are happier than others~ but they are all a part of me in some little ways.
But this time, the BOX, is only needed for a short moment.
That's what happens when you are released from a calling.
Packed back away - it goes to the garage - with a few items added and a longer list of names that I love.

0 Comments:
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home