Friday, April 23, 2010

March Madness.... at least what i can remember of it

LOST: hard drive and planner... = excuse to delay tax preparation. (good one right?)
Sew... a needle pulling thread.
At least once a year I pull out my basic model sewing machine and attempt a project or two... it feeds the creative side of me that comes out occasionally. I've improved over the years... that is my patience for doing creative things... and my efforts are better because I'm less of a perfectionist about it... and even willing to use the seam ripper to undo some messes... and try again. I'm not sure if I have a picture (haven't located everything that went missing with the planner and hard drive) - I'll look... but I've been making hooded towels a baby gifts in the past year... The few that I was given for the girls have been used over and over again from infant to 6+ years - they love the cuddled feeling they get as they are wrapped up in them. THEN I was inspired to attack this project... I took one of the wedding dresses that my sister Marla is liquidating on http://www.gownbidders.com/QuickBid/ShopGowns/tabid/229/Default.aspxkBid/ShopGowns/tabid/229/Default.aspx
cut it up and tore it apart and turned it into this... hmmm - I can't find this picture either....

Just visualise:

A white satin dress with beaded lace top,
satin sleeves and a wrap around the waist...
tea length size 9/10...
perfect for a beautiful baptism day...

(Marla -Thanks for saving the day with a picture!!!)

It was my first attempt at "re-making" and it wasn't perfect... but it was resourceful and saved lots of money!!! - IF you need fabric for a project like this or you're crafty and like lace and beads... try the etsy shop too... http://www.etsy.com/shop/gownbidder.
(Marla - post more on etsy)
AFTER that - Kimber talked me into making her a birthday dress... pink of course! Kimbers' birthday was special - and we attended Sams' benefit concert for our special friend Chandler who is in Tucson right now recovering from a bone marrow transplant. (see the youtube links posted.) I think I've had enough sewing for awhile... the patches on D's scout shirt will just have to wait. then we had a March BABY Shower:

My sister, MARLA and her BFF APRIL are both having first babys' in the next months(little girls)... It was wonderfully over the top... and we loved every moment of it!!! Even the little American Girl tea party!! Could we please do it again soon? Had great time with all those who came to visit and fest in the pinkness! Here's a few pictures that made it to Marlas' blog. http://thefryingfinnigans.blogspot.com/2010/03/beautiful-baby-shower.html (We're still attempting to throw a shower for Marla and the family we' didn't get invited... time.) Daenon turned four-Oh. (need I say more?) - I had a little fun with him and got some of his first scouts to text him about getting old... it took him a while but he caught on - and he enjoyed hearing from the guys!!!

SCOUTing... Daenon is in his element. That means that one weekend a month and every Weds night things are focused on only one thing... skills, skills, and more skills...
and that's just the way it should be.
As a scouting wife... there are honestly things I despise about scouting, BUT then there are these fabulous youngmen who grow in stature, strength, confidence, trust, and testimony...
and in the end it's worth it.

1 Comments:

Blogger bellabejeweled said...

Wow good for you...the dress looks so fabulous. Did kimber get baptized?
Daenon was made for scouting. He's to good at it so you know he will never get released...ha ha.
xoxox

May 3, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home