Sixteen years and counting...
On January 9th 1993, Daenon's grandfather performed the most important ceremony of my life. He married Daenon and I in the Arizona Tempe for "time and all eternity" and blessed us to have lives filled with joy as we committed ourselves to give 110% to each other. He said "a marriage takes more than 50% from each of you... you both have to give everything you have and then some... because at times one of you will not have as much to give and it will take extra effort on the others part to pull together through those times." He was a wise man. Daenon and I have used the 110% line over and over through these 16 years... and somehow it seems like we're still toddlers... learning with baby steps.
I was talking with my dad the other day, he talked about how his life with my mom has gone through stages and he now feels a level of devotion that he never imagined, but that he saw his father and mother have in their older years... Devotion. I like that word.
Devotion: earnest attachment to a cause, person, etc. Profound dedication.
It makes the definition of marriage look pale and weak in comparison. (you can look it up)
Daenon,
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for putting up with me, for being my friend and confidant, for cheering me on when I fall, for calling me on my bull, and for making dreams come true! You're so worth another 16 years... at least!
Luvs, Jen


9 Comments:
Happy Anniversary! You two look amazing. Thank you for your sweet words on marriage and devotion now I need to go cry :). It was truly touching!
O my goodness, that doesn't even look like you guys! Wow 16 years, your old! :) J/K Happy Anniversary.
That post was sweet. I now need to go find some tissues!
Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a Great day! I can't wait to get the girls together again at Shell's party!
Can I say it again? HOOOOOOTTTT Mama. I hope you have an amazing 16th year and a couple eternities more *wink* Love ya jen!
All Im sayin is that your hair looks FABULOUS in that photo! ;) Love you guys! Ness
Congratulations. You two are great. I love the young pictures of you two. I also loved what you had to say, however I don't think it will make me cry.
I want to know how you got the Pac-Man on your blog?
27 days and counting since the last post. Wow!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home