PINK SEA TURTLES - the real story!
Kaelee is all about the softest stuffed animals! If anything in life makes her happy it's an adorable stuffed animal... they range from rattle snakes to bunny rabbits.. and there are a countless number of them that ALL have names special to her! (you get the point) 
SO... here's the story! On our first full day in Hawaii - she sets her eyes on this PINK SEA TURTLE. It's in a gift shop that we stepped into just to cool off a bit... the day is only half over and the price is $25! Can you believe what a rip off for a stuffed animal, no clothes, shoes, just fleece and stuffing? So I talk her out of it; well, truthfully - I brushed her off, I must have said something about "yes it's cute... I'll think about it... we'll keep looking around," I'm surely thinking there must be more Pink Sea Turtles on the Island of Oahu at a price more reasonable, Right?...
WRONG! Kaelee finishes out the day; still talking about the soft Pink Sea Turtle; the next day... and the next day... and the next... and finally I've given up!
Kaelee & I make a deal... she can buy the Pink Sea Turtle herself... she has saved up some money from her summer chores & reading and if that's what she wants to buy... okay-fine with me go for it!
SO... we start searching for a PINK SEA TURTLE - We try the international market, the swap meet, the aquarium, the hotel gift shops, the mall & Toys'RUS...nothing...natta...ZIP - no one has a Pink Sea Turtle... (not to mention that now Kimber wants one too... so it's now not just one but two Pink Sea Turtles we're desperate to find!) and the Hanuama Bay shop only has ONE - shucks! :(
SO... We drive all the way back to the gift shop @ the Bowfin Submarine, on the other side of the island, on the very last day before we leave... AND
Of course the shop is closed!
So... This is when the lesson gets hard... (for mom & dad) "Guess sometimes we don't get everything we want in life... We're so sorry Kaelee, Next time we find a PINK SEA TURTLE - Daddy will buy it for you!" (SUCKER! - I'm still thinking about the $50) (not sure what GrandPa & Ma Millyard are thinking at this point!!!)
So... We leave. We fly home. Daddy searched the internet for Pink Sea Turtles.... still $25.
We hope that in the next few weeks the loveable squeezable PINK SEA TURTLE nightmare will slowly fade from memory of our heart broken girls....ahh.
So... last week, in the middle of UTAH there's a place called LAGOON... it's a pretty fun amusement park that has quite a variety of rides and carnival games... we had stopped for a few hours to play. Kaelee was still trying to spend that money she had saved up... so we wandered into a gift shop and what do you think we found?
A PINK SEA TURTLE! (actually 2 shades of pink with sparkles)
We were just thrilled!
Oh and the best part- $5.99
(priceless)
WRONG! Kaelee finishes out the day; still talking about the soft Pink Sea Turtle; the next day... and the next day... and the next... and finally I've given up!
Kaelee & I make a deal... she can buy the Pink Sea Turtle herself... she has saved up some money from her summer chores & reading and if that's what she wants to buy... okay-fine with me go for it!
SO... we start searching for a PINK SEA TURTLE - We try the international market, the swap meet, the aquarium, the hotel gift shops, the mall & Toys'RUS...nothing...natta...ZIP - no one has a Pink Sea Turtle... (not to mention that now Kimber wants one too... so it's now not just one but two Pink Sea Turtles we're desperate to find!) and the Hanuama Bay shop only has ONE - shucks! :(
SO... We drive all the way back to the gift shop @ the Bowfin Submarine, on the other side of the island, on the very last day before we leave... AND
Of course the shop is closed!
So... This is when the lesson gets hard... (for mom & dad) "Guess sometimes we don't get everything we want in life... We're so sorry Kaelee, Next time we find a PINK SEA TURTLE - Daddy will buy it for you!" (SUCKER! - I'm still thinking about the $50) (not sure what GrandPa & Ma Millyard are thinking at this point!!!)
So... We leave. We fly home. Daddy searched the internet for Pink Sea Turtles.... still $25.
We hope that in the next few weeks the loveable squeezable PINK SEA TURTLE nightmare will slowly fade from memory of our heart broken girls....ahh.
So... last week, in the middle of UTAH there's a place called LAGOON... it's a pretty fun amusement park that has quite a variety of rides and carnival games... we had stopped for a few hours to play. Kaelee was still trying to spend that money she had saved up... so we wandered into a gift shop and what do you think we found?
A PINK SEA TURTLE! (actually 2 shades of pink with sparkles)
We were just thrilled!
Oh and the best part- $5.99
(priceless)

4 Comments:
Next time you are at Lagoon give us a call. Great lesson to Learn about time and patience.
That is a cute story!
I love your story! Sounds so like something I would do. I'm glad there was a happy ending for all. We love Lagoon...cant wait to go next summer!
Very funny story! I'm glad to ended in your favor! We have a blog now...paulandwendyblog.blogspot.com Melissa is here in town with baby Lexi and she helped me set it up.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home